Perhaps one of the most important parts of starting a business is establishing a solid strategy for marketing. There’s a lot of free marketing education out there, but much of it is low quality and over-hyped. Here, we’ve made it easy for you to get a strong marketing education by collecting a number of useful courses from institutions like MIT and Carnegie Mellon.
Introduction Get your marketing education started off right using these courses.
- Introduction to Marketing: This course focuses on marketing, specifically customer needs, competition, skills, collaborators and context.
- Marketing Primer: Check out this course for a quick look into marketing issues.
- Viral Marketing Theory: Learn the thought behind the phenomenon of buzz marketing.
- Marketing Management: In this course, you’ll focus on key marketing activities and strategy.
- Viral, Buzz & Influential Marketing: This presentation will help you learn about marketing that spreads itself.
- Marketing Management: Learn the fundamentals of marketing, specifically focusing on your competition and strengths.
- The market-led organization: Check out this course to consider how your business should respond to the market.
Communication Here, you’ll learn how to stay on top of business communications for a strong marketing message.
- Marketing communications as a strategic function: See just how important it is to communicate with your customers through this course.
- Listening to the Customer: Learn how to better communicate with your customers through research, observation, and interviews.
- Introduction to Selected Lessons in Persuasion: Check out this course to learn how to hone your persuasion skills.
- News Releases: Here, you’ll learn how to properly market your business through news releases.
- All the News That’s Fit to Sell: How the Market Transforms Information into News: In this course, you’ll learn how marketers manipulate the media.
- Seven Ways to Motivate the Audience: This resource discusses engaging your audience, whether it’s in a presentation or marketing.
- Business communication in the age of spin: Take a look at how businesses communicate using the power of spin.
Competition An important part of marketing is standing out from the competition, and these courses will show you how to do just that.
- Competitive intelligence: With this course, you can learn how to gather information on your competitors.
- How can you have too much choice?: Follow this course to learn how you’re competing against a vast variety of choices.
- Business strategies and competition: Use this course to learn how to outwit the competition.
- Too unimportant to fail?: See how innovation and competitive selection have and effect on markets with this course.
- Competition, firms and markets: This course will ask you to consider economics, policy, and restraints against competition.
- How to get ahead in commerce: This course discusses a number of ways to make your business stand out from the rest.
- Competitive information and disinformation: Use this course to learn how to differentiate between good and bad competitive information.
Culture & Globalization In marketing, it’s important to know your audience, and these courses will help you to better understand that.
- American Consumer Culture: Get a good look into America’s consumer culture with this course.
- Textiles in Ghana: Part of this course will show you how prints are sold in a Kumasi market.
- Marketing, Microchips and McDonalds’s: Debating Globalization: See how globalization has an effect on marketing and beyond.
- Marketing International: Consider how to tweak your marketing strategy when working internationally with the help of this presentation.
- An introduction to business cultures: Check out this course to learn about all sorts of different cultures you’ll find in business.
- Entrepreneurial behavior: Take a look at this course to consider how your personal behavior stacks up as an entrepreneur.
- The Art of Advertising: This course celebrates classic advertising as art.
- Does attractiveness rule the world?: In this course, you’ll learn just how important attractiveness is to success.
- Cultural change and consumerism: contemporary churchgoing in perspective: This course will help you consider marketing to the religious sector.
- Culture, Value, and Communication: Visit this resource to consider how culture and value connect in marketing.
- The "Savage Mind" on Madison Avenue: A Structural Analysis of Television Advertising: This course carefully breaks down the anatomy of television ads.
- Who hates globalization?: In this course, you’ll learn how to avoid becoming an unpopular global giant.
- Managing local practices in global contexts: This course will show you how to think as a global marketer.
Ethics Building an ethical business isn’t just good karma, it’s great for marketing, as you’ll see here.
- Creating an ethical organization: Find out how you can market your organization as more ethical with this course.
- Environmental factors and organizations: In this course, you’ll learn how to be more responsible in your business.
- The Case for Sustainable Business: Learn what every marketer needs to know about growing a sustainable business with this course.
Data These courses will teach you how to properly collect and use data in marketing.
- Communicating With Data: In this course, you’ll learn all about marketing data and other useful information for data-tracking entrepreneurs.
- Becoming a Data-Driven Marketer: See how you can make better use of data in marketing efforts through the knowledge in this webinar.
- Applied Econometrics: Check out this course to learn how to use econometrics in marketing.
- Metrics-Driven Marketing Strategy: Learn how to create and use a marketing strategy that uses heavy metrics.
- Marketing Research: This presentation explains how to go about generating research, and how to use it.
- An introduction to data and information: This course discusses data, specifically that of selling online.
- Finding information in business and management: Find out how to properly use the information you collect with this course.
- Perfectly unpredictable: Why forecasting produces useful rubbish: This course will show you that data isn’t all that important to marketing.
- Strategic Marketing Measurement: This course will teach you how to carry out a market research questionnaire from start to finish.
- Assessing Public Opinion: Learn how to carefully make sense of what the general public thinks.
- Data Mining: Learn how to make use of data collected using a variety of different methods in this course.
Strategy Check out these courses for help in building your marketing strategy.
- Marketing Strategy: Follow this course to see how you can create the most effective marketing plan for your business.
- Optimization Methods in Management Science: In this course, you’ll consider how to optimize your marketing approach for the best results.
- How to Build a Marketing Plan: This presentation will show you how to create an effective marketing plan.
- Marketing & Advertising Planning: Use this slideshow to help plan your marketing strategy.
- Strategic view of performance: This course will show you a number of different approaches to marketing analysis.
- Marketing Strategy: This presentation offers lots of information for creating an effective marketing strategy.
People These courses will show you how to best make use of people when designing marketing campaigns.
- Designing for humans: This course discusses the importance of considering people in your products and marketing.
- Making a Gabillion Dollars With Community Marketing…or something like that: Learn how to make use of your community in marketing.
- Word of Mouth Marketing Techniques: This presentation discusses using peoples’ word of mouth as an effective marketing technique.
- Meeting the demands of a hedonistic society: Learn how to appropriately market to a hedonistic society with this course.
- The Importance of Interpersonal Relationships: This course will show you how important it is to market your business through interpersonal relationships.
- Building relationships with donors: In this course, you’ll see how to successfully market your business to donors.
- Making decisions: Get a look into how and why people make decisions in this course.
- Managing relationships: Understand how to better manage people while fundraising through this course.
- Pay it Forward: Learn why it’s incredibly important to mentor and be mentored for good marketing.
- Business relationships-do they count anymore?: Consider how important business relationships are to your marketing efforts.
Economics Money is a great motivator for customers, and you can learn more about its impact on marketing through these courses.
- Markup and markdown: Consider how much you should mark up your product with the help of this resource.
- Pricing: Consider this important piece of marketing, with topics including competitive markets, demand, discrimination, and competitive responses.
- Advanced macroeconomics: Get a better understanding of macroeconomics through this course.
- Supply and Demand: Learn how supply and demand have an effect on marketing and products.
- How to Obtain Funding: Learn how to market yourself for grants in this course.
- Advanced microeconomics: This course will teach you the essentials of advanced microeconomics.
- Principles of Microeconomics: This course discusses important microeconomics topics, with applications to current economic policy.
- Economics: A major part of marketing has to do with economics, so get a crash course here.
Business Specifics These courses all focus on the important business details that can help with marketing.
- Product Design and Development: In this course, you’ll see how teams come together to create a marketable physical product.
- The concept of innovation: Learn about how to make innovative products, and consider how to set them apart through marketing.
- Revitalizing Urban Main Streets: If you’re making an urban location part of your business and marketing plan, take a look at this course.
- Brand Leadership: In this course, you’ll learn to develop a strong brand for your business.
- InTouch: 8 Critical Success Factors for Lead Generation: This webinar will show you how to create an optimal environment for leads.
- Measuring B2B Beyond the Lead: In this course, you’ll see how to track and improve upon the contribution marketing offers to your organization.
- Luxury Brand Marketing Keynote: Take a look at how to build a luxury brand in this presentation.
- Entrepreneurial Marketing: Here, you’ll learn all about how to do a marketing analysis for a new business.
- The Software Business: If you’re marketing in a software setting, be sure to pay special attention to this course.
- Choosing a Business Entity: Setting your business up legally can go a long way in terms of marketable credibility, so check out this course to do it right.
Online Many firms are using the Internet to do a great deal of their marketing, and you’ll see what you can learn from them here.
- Tips for Expanding Your Online Presence: Take a look at this course to learn how you can get started marketing online.
- Let Your Customers Decide: Using Testing to Provide Relevant Web site Content: In this webinar, you’ll learn how to start testing and increase conversion.
- e-Marketing: This Spanish course discusses taking marketing online.
- What is Long-Tail Traffic?: This resource takes a look at marketing that keeps on going.
- Measuring Rich Media: How to Build, Measure, and Profit using RIA on Your Site: Learn how to take your site up a notch with rich media in this webinar.
- An introduction to e-commerce and distributed applications: This course takes a look at online business models and marketing for each.
- How to Exponentially Increase Conversion from Search: Visit this webinar to learn how you can improve your site’s conversion rate.
- Principles of Internet Marketing: This presentation discusses the essentials of marketing online.
- Living with the Internet: Here, you’ll get a good look at online shopping from a consumer’s standpoint.
- Internet Marketing Strategies: Learn how to take your marketing efforts online with this course.
- An introduction to e-commerce and distributed applications: Get acquainted with e-commerce and marketing online by following this course.
Future & Trends In these courses, you’ll get a look at the latest in marketing, and find out what you can expect in the future.
- Mobile Marketing: Get information about this new method of marketing in this slideshow.
- The Shrinking Brand-Marketing in a Small World: Learn how to create a smaller focus for your marketing.
- New Marketing: Take a look at some of the new and current ways firms are spreading their marketing message.
- New B-to-B Research: Business Technology Marketing Trends: Check out this webinar to learn the latest in business technology marketing.
- The Past, Present & Future of Digital Marketing: Learn how to take your marketing digital and make the most of it.
- What’s Next in Marketing & Advertising: Check out this presentation to learn where marketing is headed.
- Marketing Innovation: See what’s new, exciting and innovative in marketing on this presentation.
- Youth Marketing: Make sure you’re covering the youth demographic through the knowledge you’ll gain from this presentation.
- Next Generation Social Marketing: Learn all about how to use social marketing and stay ahead of the curve.